Monday, April 13, 2015

Mudvayne L.D. 50 (2000) Genre: Alternative Metal, Nu Metal, Heavy Metal



Mudvayne
L.D. 50 (2000)
Genre: Alternative Metal, Nu Metal, Heavy Metal

When a first saw and heard these guys for the first time, it seemed to me that they were just some Slipknot knockoffs. Just out of chance I found a live DVD of the band on sale at book store, and it was super cheap, so I purchased it. Man that DVD was super raw and intense and I discovered a very interesting and technical metal band that could really put on a super show. So on a trip to the States a bought this album and I listened to it pretty much none stop on my very long trip back home. So here we go with my review of this fantastic album.  

Vocals and Lyrics: Kud has a large array of vocal weapons at his disposal growls, yells, shouts and good general singing. The Lyrics are little to forced and fabricated at moments, Kud is no Corey Taylor or Jonathan Davis.   8

Instrumentation:
Guitar: Gurrg Guitar work centers around chugging riff and a limited use of pedal effects, he should try to experiment more.
Bass: Ryknow’s bass playing really impacted me how he used a fretless bass for super heavy music it the first and only time that I’ve heard this. It made me rip the frets of my 5 string bass and try some of the crazy shit the he does. He’s really good at slapping and at the use of melody
Drums: sPaG the man behind Ryknows onslaught this guy also does some pretty cool and super heavy stuff 7.5

Melody and/or Structure: Riff, interesting structures and a couple of epic song keep this album interesting, melody wise there could be some more room for this. 8.5 

Sound, Production and Feeling: It’s a very organic and heavy album, the bass is high in the mix which I like, but might put some metal heads off. 9 

Songs: It’s  good from start to finish. 14

The Bad:Nothing

Originality: Man I had low expectation for these guys and this album was a real surprise, especially if you are bass player like me. 10
Overall:  57

No comments:

Post a Comment