Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tool Lateralus (2001) Genre: Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal



Tool
Lateralus (2001)
Genre: Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal
As I wrote in my last post about Aenima I had become obsessed with getting that album which I finally got in 2003, well in the case of Lateralus I got it the day it came out and it fulfilled all of my musical expectations.
He goes my review:
Vocals and Lyrics: Maynard does an excellent job, his esoteric lyrics and singing are great. 9.5
Instrumentation:
Guitars: They have little more of a spot light in this album.
Bass: Some bass lines in the album are jaw dropping, Justin’s work is fantastic, and he redefines what a bass player can do on a heavy metal album.
Drums: He does some really complicated stuff without overloading the song or becoming to dominant, and he branches out a lot more with Indian percussion near the end of the album. 7.5
Melody and Structure: They try some crazy stuff on this album, taking their composition to a whole other level.10
Sound, Production and Feeling: Pretty much like Aenima, but I must add that on the songs with Indian percussion they created a feeling on intimacy, which is really hard to do. 9.3
Songs: As I said in my previous post on this band, Tool’s albums and the songs that from it have the movie equivalents of watching any Lord of the Rings films, they are epic. 15
The Bad: Nothing
Originality: They reach a creative zenith here, this is their best album by far. 10
Overall: 61.3

No comments:

Post a Comment