Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Roots Album Review: The Roots Come Alive (1999) Genre: Hip Hop



The Roots
The Roots Come Alive (1999)
Genre: Hip Hop

Ok today I bring you guys something different from what I've been reviewing lately ,which was some pretty heavy and aggressive stuff, so I need to chili out from the heaviness for a couple of days and searching through my music collection, I stumbled on this Hip Hop master peace from the Roots, The Roots Come Alive, it has been a long time since I've sat down to listen to a Hip Hop or Rap album, except for the Beastie Boys last album, lately it feels like Pro tools productions have killed Hip Hop and Rap during the 2000's, too much mediocre material out there computers make things to easy killing the creativity and I basically stopped listing to it altogether thanks to this, so I recommend new school Rappers and Hip Hoppers to sit down and listen to this beautifully album, very well played, the band is top notch with a strong jazz background, giving the songs an  incredible organic and relaxed feeling and the grooves are just fantastic. The rapping in general is good the lead MC is pretty charismatic  keeping things interesting during the 14 live tracks. For a live album it sounds great and it's pretty enjoyable, with lots of treats, for  any casual listener  enjoy or for anyone that really loves good music general, this album transcends its genre.

Overall:60.22

No comments:

Post a Comment