Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Peter Gabriel/Big Blue Ball Album Review Big Blue Ball (2008)



Peter Gabriel/Big Blue Ball
Big Blue Ball (2008)
Genre: World Music

Today I bring you guys a Peter Gabriel  album that sort of got lost in time, Pete started work on this project back in the 90’s and it  has a ton of guest artist like Vernon Reid, Sinead O’Conner, Deep Forest, Billy Cobham, Manu Katche… and so when I finally got my hands on it I thought to myself this should be a world music extravaganza but to my surprise it’s pretty mediocre for Peter Gabriel to put out a sub par production like this, I guess that's way it isn't officially a Peter Gabriel album and he gave it the name Big Blue Ball, it’s pretty uninteresting, the songs are just not there, no wonder these songs sort of sat around in Peter’s music vault for more than a decade till he decided to finish them. The music in general is very similar to Gabriels 90’s stuff, but this material just  isn't not as good, at moments it sound a little bit dated. One thing that gets me pist is that Vernon Reid one of my favorite guitar player around is on more than one track but sonically he's invisible, Peter really doesn’t take advantage of his guitar skills. So I’ll only recommend this album for only diehard fans. 

Overall: 43.5

No comments:

Post a Comment